- MINI’s : Stand Battle ($400) Walk Through is combined with JV
- JV : Creative Walk Through w/ Mini ($400) HBCU Stand Battle and Regular Stand Battle ($300) each. Coaches please KNOW that Minimum team requirement must be met or prize money will drop down to $3000.
- VARSITY : A Creative Walk Through ($400) and HBCU Stand Battle and Regular Stand Battle ($300) each division.
+++ A CREATIVE WALK THROUGH 1st 2nd and 3rd place Trophy
+++ Overall Grand Champion $1000 and 5ft Trophy • Coaches please Know that Minimum team requirement must be met or prize money will drop.
+++ Mini’s (K-5th) Junior Varsity (K-8th) & Varsity DIVISION (K-12th)
At no time are Directors, Coaches, volunteers, team members, or spectators allowed to approach the judging table or judges. Doing so could result in your team being disqualified from the category they are currently performing in.
There will be two (4) styles of dances for the competition:
- A Creative Walk Through A Movie Theme from the 90’s : This is the team introduction to the audience of who they are. Each organization will select their songs for walk through which should not exceed 5 minutes. Be Creative and Bring a style like none other has seen before.
. Captains Battle: This will feature Team Captain or Co-Captain of your team to go out on the floor and display their many talents. Represent your team and show everyone why you are the Captain! This will be an in your face battle. Each captain will showcase choreography, creativity, energy level, flexibility, precision, and originality, in the face of the other captains.
- HBCU BLEACHER Stand Battle : This form of dance allows multiple dance groups to compete during the same song selection Of Majorette Band Music The disc jockey will select a song and each group will have the opportunity to showcase their skills when the team is back in attention from the other team will be allowed to go. This battle continues until judges announce a winner! (See Stand Battle Rules)
• Regular Stand Battle : This form of dance allows multiple dance groups to compete during the same song selection. The disc jockey will select a song and each group will have the opportunity to showcase their skills when the team is back in attention form the other team will be allowed to go. This battle continues until judges announce a winner! (See Stand Battle Rules)
SHARE YOUR ROSTER
Please email us your roster of dancers along with their age using Dec 1st, 2019 as the cut-off date. Along with the roster, include the names of 3 representatives from your dance organization, (Director, Coach, MUA, etc).
Teams Must Register between 9:00am-10:30am Day of Show. Please Note that three (3) Representatives and Dancers enter at the time of registration. Everyone will have to purchase a ticket in advance or at the door. *** If you have other staff that must be present please let Bring Da Heat know in advance at 863.838.5678
Music should be submitted during a day before competition must be CLEAN. Music should be on a Flash Drive OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org It is recommended to have an additional Flash drive readily available.PLEASE PUT YOUR GROUP NAME AND TITLE OF SONG AND WHAT CATEGORY IT IS FOR. PLEASE BRING A BACKUP FLASH DRIVE. PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS Clean, MIXED AND MASTERED.
GENERAL RULES & INFORMATION
All dancers must complete their dance routine on the dance floor. If a dancer walks off stage before the routine is finished, 5 points will be deducted.
Attire may include accessories. Removing pieces of clothing during the performance is permitted provided it is not offensive or out of charter. Group members may wear jazz shoes, dance boots, sneakers, and or athletic shoes.
If any dancers from opposing teams (or parents) display any form of unethical behavior that team will be disqualified and may be escorted off the premises.
It is the responsibility of each dance group to monitor all belongings. Bring Da Heat will not be responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items.
*Bring Da Heat has the right to make changes and eliminate categories as Bring Da Heat deems fit for the competition. Changes and updates will be posted and emailed to all coaches/sponsors if it occurs
- The group must perform no more than a five minute routine. One (1) point shall be deducted from each judge for every Thirty (5) seconds exceeding the time limit. Timing of performance will start from the first note of the music and ends at the last note of music.
- The participating group must submit their music to the organizer one (1) hour before the start of the show.
- The competition music must be the only piece of music on the Flash Drive. ALL MUSIC MUST BE CLEAN
- The group name and title of the performance. There is no maximum or minimum number of songs or recordings that may be used in the routine. The songs may be edited to enhance choreography and personal performance.
- The competition music must not contain inappropriate, lewd or offensive language.